Why I ADORE The Mortal Instruments

February 5, 2012

With finals FINALLY over I'd like to take some time off of my social life (or lack there of) to rant online about why I absolutely positively and unequivocally without a doubt love the Mortal Instruments.


In seventh grade I had the best history teacher in the world. Not only was her class awesome, but her entire classroom was filled with copies historic relics and shelves upon shelves of books, and if it wasn't for I never would have gotten so into reading. But, besides the point, I remember her lending me The Mortal Instruments, telling me how amazing they were after school as I helped her clean her classroom. 


Anyway, I got home and read them all in a week, as well as drop my math grade by one half a letter grade. With my middle school vocabulary there weren't any words to describe how in awe I was of this series. 


Jace, Clary, Simon, Alec, Isabelle, and everyone at the Institute were characters that were not only incredibly witting and entertaining, but were depthful and had motives to their actions (unlike Twilight, which I had just finished). There I got to the end of the City of Bones and I threw the book down and freaked out. You become so involved with the story that you can't help but feel heartbroken when the characters feel that way. 


With Simon being the geeky guy I wish I could have, Clary the badass heroine I wanted to be, and Jace the beautiful jerk I yearned to meet, you can't help but live vicariously though these characters. And when she said she was going to write prequels and well as a sequels to TMI I almost squealed my head off. I mean, I can't say how many times I wished I was Tessa in The Infernal Devices. I mean, I don't want to have to choose between Will and Jem, because that's probably the worst and best love triangle in the world, but to live in Victorian London!


And finally, that last nail in the coffin that cemented my devotion to this series was Cassandra Clare. Not only is she a Nerdfighter, but she loves almost all the same things I do. She seems just like one of those writers that you can complete relate with. Plus, she does so much stuff for her fans. 


So as you can see, I have many reasons for loving this series a crazy amount. I could probably go on, but my fingers are getting numb and I really should go and turn on the heater. Auvoir!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Viva la Bookworm 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.