In My Mailbox! (2)

January 12, 2012


I bought some new books this week! I'm still on my little online shopping high from Christmas. I mean, gift cards were meant to be used and I mean, why waste them on stuff when you can get books?! Pssh... come on. ;p

*Precursor Rant on Romance Novel Covers Below*

However, I didn't actually order stuff, well not really. The last two are ebooks (the second book has a weird cover and I had to find an alternate cover for the last book). I don't want to have to walk out in public with books that have half naked people on them. God only knows how crazy people think I already am. I mean, I could have borrowed them from the library, but these are people I'm going to see again *shudders*. I have to save some of my dignity. 

I  abhor romance novel covers. They're stupid and kind of disturbing. I mean, I have to make little makeshift covers these books in order to take them out of my room. I mean, I might be a partial prude, but you have to admit that some of those romance novel covers in the back aisle of drug stores make you want to wince. Granted, they are not crappy romance novels (however I have a feeling my friends think so and believe I'min denial x3). But I'll stand next to my opinion: They are legitimate novels with amazing plots! 

Plus it doesn't hurt that I imagine every single guy (over 30!) as Micheal Fassbender. My imagination sucks sometimes so he's me default. heheh...  


So now that we've got that out of the way, let me show you what ebooks I bought this week. :)


Changeless by Gail Carriger

Alexia Tarabotti, the Lady Woolsey, awakens in the wee hours of the mid-afternoon to find her husband, who should be decently asleep like any normal werewolf, yelling at the top of his lungs. Then he disappears - leaving her to deal with a regiment of supernatural soldiers encamped on her doorstep, a plethora of exorcised ghosts, and an angry Queen Victoria.
But Alexia is armed with her trusty parasol, the latest fashions, and an arsenal of biting civility. Even when her investigations take her to Scotland, the backwater of ugly waistcoats, she is prepared: upending werewolf pack dynamics as only the soulless can.
She might even find time to track down her wayward husband, if she feels like it.
Probably my favorite steam punk series ever right now.

Covet by J.R. Ward (Fallen Angels #1) ebook*
Redemption isn't a word Jim Heron knows much about-his specialty is revenge, and to him, sin is all relative. But everything changes when he becomes a fallen angel and is charge with saving the souls of seven people from the seven deadly sins. And failure is not an option. Vin DiPietro long ago sold his soul to his business, and he's good with that-until fate intervenes in the form of a tough- talking, Harley-riding, self-professed savior. But then he meets a woman who will make him question his destiny, his sanity, and his heart-and he has to work with a fallen angel to win her over and redeem his own soul. 


I really loved her Black Dagger Brotherhood Series and I can't wait to start reading this one. They're always very original. :)


 Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning (Highlanders #1) ebook*


He was known throughout the kingdom as Hawk, legendary predator of the battlefield and the boudoir. No woman could refuse his touch, but no woman ever stirred his heart - until a vengeful fairy tumbled Adrienne di Simone out of modern-day Seattle and into medieval Scotland. Captive in a century not her own, entirely too bold, too outspoken, she was an irresistible challenge to the sixteenth-century rogue.


I recently finished Moning's Fever Series which I loved! For obvious reasons I kinda chose another cover because I can't stand looking at some half naked guy on the cover. One's enough for the day. If you click on the link however you can see the paperback cover of the novel. :)

Anywho, that's what I bought! Once I read 'em I'll be sure to start churning out the reviews!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Viva la Bookworm 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.