Review: Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

July 22, 2012


Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy #1)
by Wendy Higgins

Paperback, 447 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by HarperTeen


Glasses:   1.6

Embrace the Forbidden
What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?
This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.
Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.
Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?
My Thoughts.
There are no words to describe how hard it was for me to finish this book. The only thing that pulled me though was the fact that I had wasted ten bucks on it. I didn't want to waste money so I had to read it. 

There were three main reasons why I hated this book so much. 
1.) Anna Whitt and Kaidan were bipolar, unrealistic, and indecisive characters that kept making choices and saying things that were completely stupid. Anna was prude, annoying, and so extremely wishy-washy.
2.)All the other characters seemed really annoying. All the other Nephilim, her step mom, her dad, Jay, that ridiculously old nun; they all could have been really interesting, but instead their turned into placid still characters with terrible dialogue.
3.) The story was ridiculous. Granted the plot picked up at a few places, even to the point where I was honestly engaged. But why was the road trip necessary? Did she really have to spend a huge chunk of the book trying to meet a dead nun that would give them a sword that would do practically nothing for the rest of the book? Give me a break.

Throughout the entire book I felt like strangling one of the characters. They all just seem so stupid and it turned me off. I really hoped at least someone had common sense, but they didn't.

That being said, I did think that the plot was very original. I might want to pick it up again in a couple of months to see if I still feel the same way, but I doubt I will. I know it's a pretty popular book among my friends, but if your in a critical mood with high expectations, stay away.
Read at your own risk.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Viva la Bookworm 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.