Review - The Reaper by Rachel Vincent

January 6, 2011

The Reaper by Rachel Vincent
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Series: Soul Screamers
ebook, 64 pages
Rating


Summary

Tod Hudson was a typical teenager. He liked girls, sports, food and tolerated his younger brother, Nash. In fact, he had his whole life in front of him--and due to his bean sidhe heritage, it was going to be a very long life indeed. And then the car accident occurred.
Suddenly Tod's future wasn't so sure, and he had to make a choice. Life... Death... or something Between....
An ebook exclusive Soul Screamers series novella. (Goodreads) 

My Thoughts:

I read the first book in the Soul Screamers Series a couple months ago so when I saw this on the Nook website for free I needed to get it. Overall, I thought it was pretty good for such a short novella. We've read about Nash and Kaylee and now it's time to read about Tod, Nash's dead brother turned Reaper.

At first I wasn't sure what to think and had no idea what to expect. Would I really be satisfied with such a short story? 
Well, yeah, I was. :)
The beginning was casual following a little preluded but soon filled us in on the character's situations and their personalities before the first novel in the series. I automatically loved Tod because he was just one of those characters who seem witty and really fun to read about. It got darker as it progressed and eventually you discover what really happened surrounding Tod's death.
What really moved me was the scene with Nash and his Mother completely oblivious to Tod's presence after the funeral and their move.  I mean, it was super depressing! 

The only thing about the novella that made me uncomfortable was the ending. I'm happy that he was able to fix things with his mom and everything but I was even more looking forward to his confrontation with Nash. That would've made for some awesome drama.... x)

All in all, it was pretty awesome. The story was great, the characters were real (we got to meet Levi again!), and the writing as amazing.

Cover/ Title
Eh, it's alright. 
Maybe a 3 out of 5.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog contents © Viva la Bookworm 2010. Blogger Theme by Nymphont.